By Lynn Tosello
Let yourself be curious.
What is life balance? How can it help you have a more satisfying life?
Want to find out for yourself?
Circle the words below that you feel are most active in your life.
If you circled most or all of the words, you may feel a certain level of balance between your feminine and masculine energies. (Did you know you have both?) If you circled half or fewer, this could indicate imbalance causing stress, and you know what that does.
In today’s world, both energies are needed at one time or another. You may be using them all because life demands it. Here is a scenario that may be familiar from your own life or someone you know.
If you are a single mother, you may feel stressed due to needing to take on a full-time job to provide for yourself and family. It doesn’t leave much time or energy for relationship development at home. You may feel rushed, always stopping at the grocery store, paying bills, checking that homework is done, getting yourself and kids ready and delivered to work and school.
Those precious moments when you’re alone in your room may be the only time when you can think about yourself and what you want.
As a single parent, you must shoulder both parental roles, whether you’re comfortable in them or not. Stress from trying to keep up with multiple roles can result in illness—ask a medical professional. It can make you feel tired, and you force yourself to keep going because it seems you have no choice. This makes living a chore.
Expressing more of one energy over the other—like responsibilities that are not naturally yours—tips the scale far to one side. For a single mother, the masculine traits of protecting and supplying are strong. The feminine traits of nurturing, comforting, and beautifying are going without the attention you may wish to give that would bring more balance into your life and, with it, greater satisfaction.
Are you ready to live with more feminine energy? You don’t have to run away to a spa to enjoy it. Here are five tips to strengthen this aspect of yourself without having to escape from your daily life.
- Tell yourself that you are beautiful and you love yourself. Do this while looking in the mirror, eye-to-eye. This can make a huge difference in your life. Always start with loving yourself, no matter what judgement others have put on you, your hair, your shape, your lifestyle. You get to choose, not them. As Terry Cole-Whittaker puts it, “What you think of me is none of my business.” It’s just their opinion, but you don’t have to take it in. Love accepted feeds your inner being.
- Dress in a way that makes you feel pretty. Whatever that happens to be, do it. If you wear a uniform at work, maybe you can add something simple like a butterfly pin on your collar, flower earrings, or a honey bee pin on your cap. Maybe you can choose the way you wear your hair or the fasteners you wear in it. When you feel pretty, you feel confident, which breeds success because you radiate a glow that is irresistible. People are attracted to that.
- Surround yourself with people who lift you up energetically. The Bible says to shake off the dust of places that don’t accept you. Even in modern times, you can love yourself enough not to waste time and energy with people who don’t really have your best interests at heart. Find people who love the same things you do. There are people who really want to see you succeed, and likewise, want to succeed for themselves, and they want to be in the company of positive people like you so you can all rise together.
- Read good, uplifting material, whether on paper or your electronic device. Not only are you influenced by the people you surround yourself with, but you are also influenced by the things you read or see on a screen. Limit your news consumption, especially concerning politics, which adds to stress. This Lotus Guide has reviews of positive-message books, CDs, and DVDs. Have a look.
- Eat natural, nourishing food. Avoid fast food, fried food, and packaged snacks. When you’re busy, these are easy to pick up and eat at your desk or in the car, but are not very good for your body. The less-processed, more vitamin-rich foods are found around the outside of the grocery store. And the bonus is that foods in the produce department cost less, too. Your body needs clean fuel, and your budget can use a break.
Nourishing the feminine in yourself can help you navigate around the stress-causing issues in your life. Giving these five tips a try could make a beautiful difference and help bring more balance to your experience of life.
If you have questions on applying this idea to your own life, allow me to help. Learn more at my website YourConsciousnessKey.com, or call 530-774-7588 to schedule a free 20-minute consultation.