Let’s Talk Terpenes!
By: Xena Gale, Founder/Creator of CALIRUB
There is so much to share with you about terpenes, ESPECIALLY the terpenes in CALIRUB. Let’s start at the beginning. CALIRUB is unique in that it was designed to be much more than an effective topical pain relief formula.
First, we wanted it to smell heavenly. By studying essential oils and the works of French perfumer G. W. Piesse, we learned that in the process of blending a perfume of essential oils, the oils are classified by their scent and evaporation rate. Piesse divided these scents (terpenes) into notes, much like a musical scale, giving them a top, middle, and base note.
Top notes have the highest evaporation rate, followed by middle notes, and then the base notes. Much like a musical scale where notes create chords, when it comes to blending these oils or notes, the base note fixes the top and middle notes (scents or terpenes). It keeps them from evaporating. These scents contain a large majority of the compounds that make an oil an analgesic and anti-inflammatory.
Commonly Shared Terpenes in CALIRUB
Terpenes (also known as terpenoids) are found in every aromatic plant, as well as in some animals and insects. Do you like the smell of an almond orchard in bloom? Do you get a sense of well-being walking in a forest? Yes! Why? Well, you are surrounded by terpenes.
With over 20,000 terpenes identified in plants, and over several hundred identified in Full Spectrum Hemp, let’s narrow the field and talk about a few of them in the CALIRUB blend.
- Myrcene (In Full Spectrum Hemp, Lemongrass, Sweet Orange, Bay West Indies): Fruity, clove-like aroma. Has the potential to reduce inflammation, and act as a sedative, analgesic, antimutagenic, and antioxidant.
- Linalool (Full Spectrum Hemp, Bay West Indies, Gardenia Effleurage, Sweet Orange): Sweet, woody, and citrus, with a clean floral scent. Acts as a sedative and muscle relaxant, anticonvulsant, pain reliever, anxiety reliever, and insect repellant.
- Limonene (Full Spectrum Hemp, Bay West Indies, Elemi, Lavandin, Sweet Orange): Citrus scent. Helps with anxiety, depression, inflammation, pain, and cancer.
- Caryophyllene (Full Spectrum Hemp, Lavandin, Patchouli, Scotch Pine, Clove Bud, Allspice): Spicy, peppery, woody, cloves. The only identified terpene that actually activates the endocannabinoid system to provide anti-inflammatory effects, reducing pain, relieving anxiety/depression, and acting as an antioxidant. All plants, animals, and people have an endocannabinoid system.
- Eugenol (Bay West Indies, Allspice, Clove Bud Oil): Spicy, clove scent. Excellent antibiotic, sedative, and pain reliever.
- Terpinolene (Full Spectrum Hemp, Elemi, Gardenia Effleurage, Lavandin, Scotch Pine): Piney, floral, herbal. Can work as an aphrodisiac, antibiotic, antioxidant, antitumor, sedative, anti-inflammatory, antimalarial, and antianxiety remedy.
- a-Patchoulene (Patchouli): Rich, sweet, dark, earthy, and woody with a hidden fruity note. Can work as an aphrodisiac, antioxidant, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antidepressant, and antimutagenic.
You can now see why we are excited about CALIRUB. It can help reduce pain caused by inflammation, but it also provides so much more! It’s a combination of aromatherapy, perfume, and a topical pain-relief formula – all in one. To sum it up, CALIRUB is a cornucopia of organic, wild-crafted scents and terpenes!
And, the next time you encounter an intoxicating scent, don’t forget to thank a terpene. Thank them for what they offer us! Heavenly scents to elevate our health and well-being for our mind, body, and soul.
More Information at www.CaliRub.com
More Information from CaliRub HERE