The BodyTalk System—Language of Health
Energy medicine has been said to be the medicine of the future. BodyTalk is the system of energy medicine here and now. The basic premises underlying the BodyTalk system constitute a new paradigm for synchronizing and balancing the bodymind that can be implemented in conjunction with any health-care system. The body is a very complex ecosystem involving a delicate balance between physiological biochemical functions, emotional and mental interactions, environmental influences, hereditary and genetic restrictions, and the need to synchronize all the factors into a cohesive whole. The BodyTalk system recognizes that within each and every one of us there lies the innate knowing of who we are and what makes us tick. The innate wisdom carries the answer to our health-care problem. This is addressed in the following way:
- The BodyTalk system facilitates communication with the innate wisdom of the body by using neuromuscular biofeedback, or muscle testing. This feedback provides the practitioner with a “yes” or “no” answer to any question that is asked of the body. The innate wisdom thus provides BodyTalkers accurate guidelines with regard to the bodymind requirements for optimum health.
- By listening to the innate wisdom of the body, BodyTalk practitioners work with the source of the condition, not just the symptoms, ensuring lasting results from emotional and /or physical pain and discomfort.
- By following a comprehensive protocol of questions, the BodyTalk practitioner can establish exactly what balancing the body needs to harmonize bodymind function. This involves finding out which organs, endocrines, or body parts need to be connected to heal communication between them at the physiological, biochemical, circulatory, nervous, emotional, and/or energy levels.
- The client and/or practitioner touch the parts that need repair and the practitioner then uses his/her fingers to gently tap the head of the client to focus the brain toward repair. BodyTalk “tapping” is based on an ancient Hatha yoga technique, and experiments with biofeedback show that when this tapping occurs while specific parts are being touched, there is a major increase in brain activity in relation to those parts.
- The practitioner then lightly taps the chest to store the changes in the heart energy complex, which ensures that the new balance is held in deep memory and is, therefore, lasting. Clinical results have shown that once the communications systems of the body have been reestablished and the bodymind complex synchronized, the body is capable of healing itself at a deep and lasting level. Of course, there are times that natural healing is limited. The typical emergency such as a car accident, in which the body is in crisis, attests to the need of skilled intervention in the form of modern medicine.
Nevertheless, BodyTalk practitioners are seeing the incredible healing power of a “balanced” body in the daily results obtained in practice. The functions of every part of the body and mind are improved. This means that the immune system will start to eliminate chronic and acute viruses, bacteria, parasites, and toxins.
Reestablishing of the mind/body balance reduces allergies and emotional and psychological disorders. It also improves posture and coordination, digestion and elimination, brain functions, learning disorders, and states of distorted consciousness in the form of negative belief systems and attitudes.
The BodyTalk paradigm of health care is one in which we respect the body’s awesome innate knowledge of the body and learn to use that knowledge by working with it rather than imposing our own limited knowledge upon it. The BodyTalk system does not rely upon diagnosis and the BodyTalk practitioner does not prescribe, use invasive techniques, or do anything that can cause harm to the body.
This makes it one of the rare health-care systems that can be classified as totally safe and truly holistic in its approach to reestablishing the optimum health of the patient. It is complementary to all other health-care systems and can be used as a stand-alone system or integrated into any other health-care practice. It can also be safely used by the layperson as a means of assisting in the health care of themselves, their family, and friends. Every person who is sincerely interested in the concepts of total health care and who has a respect for the power and potential of the human bodymind should find out more about the BodyTalk system. Kom Dixon, 530-514-2341 or email kom@GroupDixon.com